What Games are Allowed to be Reviewed?
- Games that do not currently have a review on GameReviewPad.
- A different platform review of the same game is ok.
- Try to stay as ‘recent’ as possible. (If you’re not sure send an email.)
- Indie game reviews are definitely allowed.
- Mobile game reviews will be allowed on a case-by-case basis at the Editor-in-Chief’s discretion at the Gold rank. (Console/Handheld/PC reviews preferred)
DOs & DON’Ts
- Discuss every aspect of the game. (Gameplay, Control, Story, Sound, etc..)
- Discuss technical flaws if you know for sure they are there.
- Discuss whether you liked the story and/or satisfied with the ending overall without giving spoilers.
- Focus on your opinion of the game. Don’t get bogged down on what “other people” think.
- Discuss the multiplayer experience. If there’s no multiplayer be sure to mention that.
- No story spoilers
- Wording like “Worth the price” or “Not worth the price” is not allowed. GameReviewPad reviews are designed to stand the test of time.
- Avoid discussing or referencing any other game review sites.
- No copy/pasted reviews of your own. Fresh reviews only. GameReviewPad review exclusivity is required for every review written. Copy/Pasters will be banned.
Formatting & Requirements
- At least 800 words (1000+ preferred) in the body. If you cover all aspects of the game this shouldn’t be an issue.
- Avoid using shorter versions or abbreviations of game names to refer to specific games for the first time. Write out the full game name the first time you mention it, then the second time you can use the short version or abbreviation. This includes if you refer to the game you’re currently reviewing.
Example: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -> Skyrim.
- Italicize specific game names. Don’t italicize when referring to a franchise.
- At least one or two Similar Games Liked. Similar Games Disliked is optional, but encouraged.
- Official Trailer Links: Include a link to the official trailer on YouTube. Only use the developer/publisher channel. Don’t use other game review site’s channels.
- Guest Contributors: Include the link in either your email or attached document.
- Ranked Contributors: Put the link in the Trailer box on the right side